My name is RJ Walters. I try to look at life from “outside the box”. That is I don’t let others tell me what to think about things. I strive to intelligently form my own opinions but don’t in the process reject wisdom wherever I find it. This blog is about my life experiences. It is about things that I have learned in my almost seven decades on this earth.
Now a little personal history:
- I am a senior citizen although I don’t feel like one. The About Life category above is about living in my senior years.
- I spent thirty years in the corporate world as an engineer. Half of it as an electrical engineer and the other half as an IT (information technology) guy.
- I am a big fan of Will Rogers who was a satirist during the 1930s. He had a unique ability to poke fun at the people of his time. I try to emulate his style on this blog. Look for that in the Quotes category
- I am deaf but that is not who I am. It is just an affliction that I must cope with on a daily basis. I went deaf at about forty years of age due to a congenital disease. I share some of those experiences via the About Life category.
- Like all of us, I am a person who is composed of all the experiences of my life. This is what I write about. I like poking fun at people but I always try to treat them with respect while doing it. Unlike so many today I try not to have a mean-spirited bone in my body.